How miniatures, cash, beer, and spa products can make the dad in your life giddy on Father’s Day. And who doesn’t like a giddy man?
“It’s a sweater!!!” Yes, that was the infamous (in-famous) exclamation of the great El Guapo. See pic below.
El Guapo's banditos knit him a birthday sweater. See how happy he is? (Three Amigos)
And yes, that was some good acting and yet… it’s the exact response I look for from my hubby on Father’s Day and rarely – ok, never get. I don’t know how to make you men happy. Well, I know, but I don’t want to go there. Please, I’m a nice Jewish girl. I’d never do that kinda stuff… after marriage.
Besides, I prefer the old fashioned way of keeping a spouse happy: Material Goods. Unfortunately, you men don’t seem as wowed by a new pair of stilettos or a spa day as we chicks do and that is why you suck to get gifts for and also why we married you. Oh, the irony.
On the Sunday after next, men all over America will open slender boxes and say, “It’s a tie” yawn.
Because we don’t know what the hell else to get you.
And we like very much that you’re currently employed. Also, Because you never tell us what you want. So, I, Jenny from the Blog, Lifestyle Expert extraordinaire, have compiled a list of the best gifts for the guy that doesn’t need, want, or ask for anything.
Was $88 Now $49
1. The wallet full of stuff. Oh, I truly looooove this one. Take a look at your guys money holder, if it’s falling apart or has Velcro located anywhere on it, it’s time for a new one. The best part isn’t the wallet, it’s the thought you put into it. You need to go to Starbucks, Blockbuster, and Sports Authority or a rounder at your supermarket and pick up gift cards from some of your man’s or your Dad’s favorite places. The denominations can be small (you will have to get the cards in store if less than $20), but it’s worth the smile on his face. Oh, and don’t forget to put in pics of the kids or yourself if you are “the kid.” PS – Cole Hahn outlets are the best. They are an average of 30%-60% off all the time and they smell like Italy (or at least how I imagine Italy would smell.)
2. Lot’s of guys like beer, name one who wouldn’t like their own tap? See, you can’t can you? The Krupps BeerTender fits on your counter and keeps your beverage at optimal serving temperature.
$80 with a 20% off coupon from BB and Beyond
It features a temperature indicator, signaling when the beer reaches its optimal 37.4° F serving temperature and lasts up to 30 days. Plus you can remove the tap so the kids can’t access the beverages. Like the key the liquor cabinet.
If you don’t get a coupon from BB&B like every other day, sign up for their mail online and you will soon receive one.
If you want to make it super thoughtful, get frosty mugs from your hubbies favorite team at Bed Bath and Beyond or if you’re willing to get a dozen you can have his initials or name laser engraved into a mug at DiscountMugs.com for an amazing price.
3. The Mix Tape for the Millenium. Remember how much you loved getting a mix tape from your high school beau? You know, a little Journey, maybe a Chicago tune or two? Well, now you can give that dope gift to the man you love. Pick him up an MP3 (I recommend an iTouch) and fill it with songs for him. Your song plus anything else that feels right and don’t forget to put on a few from the kiddies. I’m thinking Yeti Stomp by the Backyardigans and let’s not forget C is for Cookie from the Monster himself or if your kids are like mine maybe some Zepplin, Who, and of course Ke$ha for my 6yo.
If your man has an MP3 steal it and add a few and then surprise him with a pair of high tech headphones.
$14 - $20 at Best Buy, depending on sale.
$95 from $179 at Best Buy
4. Everything’s better in mini size, well not everything, but miniatures do make things cuter (get your brain out of the gutter and think Tea Cup poodles). Get the dad in your life a Dopp kit, which is a small toiletry bag that’s used for storing men’s grooming tools for travel. Then get a bunch of mini’s to fill it with, think: comb, brush, deodorant, shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, scissors, toothbrush, toothpaste, cologne, men’s eye cream, moisturizer and of course a razor and extra blades. It’s a gift every guy LOVVVVVVES.
Great Buy Cabela's leather Dopp Kit on sale for $29
5. It’s Tee Time baby. Give the golfer the newest gadgets. If you don’t know what’s big now, I’ll lay it out for you… I mean fore you.
Taylormade R11 Driver
$399 not crazy for a driver.
Taylormade R11 Driver – This could be the biggest golf product launch of the year. It’s a Golf Digest Hot List Gold Metal Winner, and was selected as Editors Choice for drivers for 2011.
Only R11 can be adjusted in 48 combinations of:
Increase or decrease launch angle to get more distance
- Face Angle
- Select and open, closed, or neutral address setting for more distance
Promote A Fade
- Heavier weight in toe, lighter weight in heel for more distance
- Promote A Draw
– Lighter weight in toe, heavier weight in heel for more distance
- In other words, if you’re confused, go with this club!
$200 with mail in rebate
Garmin Approach® S1, a GPS wristwatch for golf courses with no annual fee.
- Preloaded with over 13,000 courses (and counting), US and Canada
- Includes par & distance to front, middle, & back of each green (accounting for dog leg distances)
- Measures last shot distance
- Odometer provides distance walked on or off the course
- Watch mode features GPS time & date, alarm and automatic time zone detection
- Easy to use interface featuring automatic hole transitioning
- Waterproof design with high sensitivity GPS
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery – 3 week watch mode / 8 hour GPS mode
Check Golf Galaxy for online coupons.
Well, there you go no need to buy a tie this year unless it’s this one:
"it's a tie"
Did I mention I like irony?